Nucap Industries Inc.
Pharmacy Toronto, ON
Performs a variety of tasks to maintain production and quality by installing and repairing electrical systems, and electronic components of industrial equipment and machinery, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications. This role reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for optimizing the machinery output.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Detect and report to Plant Manager all incidences related to the proper maintenance of machinery and equip.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on stamping presses e.g. AIDA and Minster stamping presses up to 600 tons, roll feed servo motors and other equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with maintenance team, operators and management to diagnose and identify problem.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Keep spares up to date.
- Any other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training; Electrician Trade Certification
- Must have hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment maintaining stamping presses, ei. AIDA, Minster
- Must have hands-on experience of roll feed servo motors.
- PLC knowledge and ability to troubleshoot the issues
- Knowledge of hydraulic system
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Good record keeping ability
- Willing to work any shift/on call
Working Conditions/Dexterity Requirements:
- Manufacturing environment
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Maintenance Electrician”